Monday, August 18, 2008

Sweet Moments

One thing I've learned is that time moves quickly. When I was a new mom and scared to death, my mother-in-law sent me an encouraging card that said "this too shall pass." The bitter sweet reality is the sweet, happy moments pass away just as quickly as the harder ones. So we really try to take a breath and soak in those wonderful moments, because we see how quickly they pass.

Last night I went out front to see what the older kids were doing. At first I noticed Luke had a Kleenex hanging out of the waistband of his shorts and I thought that was wierd. Then I noticed all of the 4 kids had Kleenex hanging, and I wondered, "What are they doing?" I was thinking I should get out the allergy meds if everyone's noses are bothering them that badly.

Then it dawned on me that the Kleenex were the flags for the game of flag football they were starting. How hilarious is that?

So then I watched the 2 teams of 1 boy and 1 girl laugh and run and yell at each other and try to steal each others Kleenex (which usually meant only part of it because they tore easily) and I was filled with a great sense of thankfulness. It was a sweet moment of family life and I will treasure it.

No comments: