Thursday, August 21, 2008

$17

That's how much we paid to see a movie last night. It has been at least 3 years since just the two of us went to see a movie together. Sophia has not been one of those babies that can be left easily. She nursed 24/7 for the first 21 months of her life and she wasn't a quiet and happy nursing baby. And Omar jokes that she has been slow to realize that the umbilical cord is not still attached, so movies haven't really an option for us. Not to mention, when we have more recently had a chance to go out, there has been nothing that I am willing to pay $17 to see.

I am so happy to say, this movie was worth it! We saw, "Henry Poole is Here." A really great movie about faith and hope and generosity. It reminded me that even when it is uncomfortable, I need to step out of my comfort zone to offer a little understanding to someone who may need it. If you get a chance, and you have $17, and you want to be uplifted, check it out!

No comments: