Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Follow the Yellow Brick Road

Sometimes it seems like it would be easier if God would just lay out His plan for us, plain as day. Then it wouldn't be so hard to know what it is we are supposed to be doing. I sure spend a lot of time running different scenarios in my head trying to figure out what the best solution would be. Whether it be rearranging rooms to make everything and everyone fit in our house, or sending my 3 year old to pre-school, I tend to over analyze everything a little bit. I pray and ask God to open and shut doors, and He does. His timing is just sometimes a little slower than mine. I guess I am still learning a lot about patience. A while back a friend shared with me that she discovered it is the journey that is important. Maybe that is where we can find peace...the journey is just as important, if not more, than the destination. The journey is where we are molded and formed into the person that God wants us to be.

No comments: