Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Grame to the Rescue

A few weekends ago, I went to Girl Scout Camp with Hannah! What a wonderful and relaxing weekend it was! I rarely, actually never, really get to spend an entire weekend just hanging out with one child. I had nothing to do with planning this event, I didn't even have a copy of the schedule, so I was able to just sit around and wait for someone to tell me, "Time for crafts, time to eat, time for archery."

One of the funniest parts of the experience for me was at lights out. The 8 moms were sleeping on the bottom bunks and the 8 girls were on the top bunks. Our troop leader was on an air mattress in the center of our cabin. Lights were out at about 10, but that was only the overhead light. Once that light went out, all of those 8 girls on the top bunks remembered that they each had flashlights and our cabin was turned into a disco. It was really cute.

The only problem with this weekend was that Omar was working on Saturday, so I wasn't sure what to to with the other 4 kids! Of course Luke was also throwing up and Sophia seemed to be getting a cold, and there were 2 soccer games that needed to be gotten to and cheered at. Grame drove 3 hours and rescued us! What a relief! Instead of me worrying about who would care for the other kids, I was able just to focus on having fun with Hannah! It was a very rainy weekend so, instead of soccer, Grame even treated the kids to a 3-D movie at the real movie theater and Chick-fil-a for lunch! The kids were on cloud 9! Thank you so much Grame! We really appreciate your help!

Sadly, I am not able to upload pics right now, but as soon as I am able to again, I will show pics of cute Hannah at camp and Grame with the kids!

No comments: